Print Topic - Archive

E-Blah Community  /  Chit - Chat  /  Interest in .NET implementation of E-Blah?
Posted by: pcmantinker, January 17, 2012, 10:59pm
I'm building a social networking website from the ground up using ASP.NET MVC3 and C#. A major component of my social networking website is a good reliable forum. Since I moved to using Windows hosting and ASP.NET for the current version of my site, I have been using YAF.NET for the forum as it integrates nicely with .NET applications. However, it's got a ton of extra features that I don't use and need. I was thinking of building a forum software from scratch based on E-Blah's core and appearance. It won't be a direct port of the Perl code, but I'd like to support importing E-Blah flatfile databases into a strong database model using the Entity Framework and ASP.NET MVC3. I can release the source code on GitHub for those interested in contributing to the code once it is in an alpha development stage. For those on Linux, ASP.NET MVC3 applications can be installed using Mono so this can be used on nearly any platform that supports Mono. I may elect to not use the Entity Framework for the public release of E-Blah .NET as the Entity Framework isn't supported by Mono (yet). More details later. Let me know if there is an interest on a .NET implementation of E-Blah and whether you'd like to contribute.
Posted by: Justin, January 20, 2012, 7:32pm; Reply: 1
Hmm, what is your GitHub username? I'll add you to the eblah organization so you can add stuff under eblah. :)

I may just move ownership of the E-Blah Forum to eblah organization... will help when adding contributors.

https://github.com/eblah
Posted by: pcmantinker, January 20, 2012, 7:46pm; Reply: 2
My GitHub username is pcmantinker. I'll keep you updated on the project status. Thanks much!
Print page generated: April 19, 2014, 4:06pm