Welcome to the E-Blah Community!
We would like to welcome you to our community and invite you to register an account or login.
Being a registered member is important, as it gives you several advantages over the normal Guest status. After registering you will be able to download files and images, post messages, and access member-only portions of the forum - just to name a few. Registration is quick and simple, and only takes about a minute of your time.

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Install Issues  ›  Divide By Zero Error
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 3 Guests

Divide By Zero Error  This thread currently has 490 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Elfen
February 17, 2008, 11:24pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Time Online: 21 minutes
I have 2 offline servers that I experiment on before putting code and webpages online.
1- Mac OSX (BSD-Unix)
1- SUSE Linux 9.3

Tried to install 10.3.3 on them:

The results on the Mac OSX are strange. Once the install was completed, the site came up partially. All the graphics part was missing. Deleteing the ReWrite code fromthe .htaccess fixed it.

The results on the SUSE Linux server has me pulling my hair out. Install (SetUp.pl) goes through without a problem, and the main page loads up. Looks like the site works, but when any topic or category (there is only 1) gets clicked on, the server crashes with a 'DIVIDE BY ZERO ERROR' on the webpage for one of the subroutines modules. I have tried to patch the code but it mucks things up even more. Furthermore, why should the software work unchanged on the Mac and give difficulties on the SUSE Linux? What extra Perl Mod is needed if its missing?
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
Justin
February 18, 2008, 1:22pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The E-Blah Developer
E-Blah Programmer
Posts Per Day: 3.57
Reputation Score: +307 / -22
Time Online: 39 days 6 hours 22 minutes
When you installed the forum Settings.pl was not writable by Blah.pl.  This could be because of a CHMOD issue or because of a user/group issue.

My Websites: Revolution Reality (My Blog)  | Portfolio

"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." — Psalm 86:15 NIV
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 3
Elfen
February 18, 2008, 2:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
I'll check on it with a reinstall on SUSE later today, and post the results next time I'm here.

Thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 3
Elfen
February 19, 2008, 10:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
E-Blah Member
Thank you. It now works.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

E-Blah Community    Technical Support    Install Issues  ›  Divide By Zero Error