Welcome to the E-Blah Community!
We would like to welcome you to our community and invite you to register an account or login.
Being a registered member is important, as it gives you several advantages over the normal Guest status. After registering you will be able to download files and images, post messages, and access member-only portions of the forum - just to name a few. Registration is quick and simple, and only takes about a minute of your time.

E-Blah Community    Modifications    Modification Archive  ›  a litte help plz??? Moderators: 10 Series Support Team
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

a litte help plz???  This thread currently has 1,306 views. Print
2 Pages « 1 2 Recommend Thread
Manuel R. Medina
October 21, 2003, 9:29pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

¡Arriba las Chivas!
Posts Per Day: 0.01
contact me via MSN: manuel@medina.as
I'm not THAT good at Perl, but at least I can help you make "cosmetic" mods...
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Reply: 15 - 16
Justin
October 22, 2003, 6:16am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The E-Blah Developer
E-Blah Programmer
Posts Per Day: 3.57
Reputation Score: +307 / -22
Time Online: 39 days 6 hours 22 minutes
You really just have to know the perl code.  If you know that, you can probably make them.  You need to get use to what does what.

Routines -- Does the header / footer, and other basic functions the board needs done (ie: write to the clicklog, output the date and time, send e-mail, etc.)

QuickLoad -- This file loads files before the theme is loaded (if I am not mistaken), it's the basic code for the flock routines (fopen/fclose), and also opens the member file and gets the information for the theme from it.

Load -- Load basically just formats the board (like gives members stars -- in message display, gets the board data file open and reports errors if not found, formats messages before they are written to file (so \n's are <br>'s), checks to see if a member is allowed in a certain area (like are they admin, members, and guests).

Blah -- This opens all the files, lol.

Other files are specific to that group.  That should help most perl modders out. 

Oh, btw ... all the files above are the core, or required, files of the E-Blah package.  If those files aren't there, the board will NOT work. 

- Justin

My Websites: Revolution Reality (My Blog)  | Portfolio

"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." — Psalm 86:15 NIV
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages « 1 2 Recommend Thread
Print

E-Blah Community    Modifications    Modification Archive  ›  a litte help plz???